3Furies

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Only My Husband...


So the other weekend my husband and I were at a Penn State game. During the game I was reading through the game program, and I read that Mike Tomczak was the ESPN announcer calling the game. That meant that he was in the pressbox at that very moment. I happend to be sitting right below the pressbox at the time. For those of you who don't know, Mike Tomczak was one of the quarterbacks for the Chicago Bears during my teenage years. I had a bit of a crush on him and before I met Todd. Actually, he was the man I was sure that I was going to marry (I am pretty sure that Mike didn't know that he was the object of my affections though...).

I held my cool through the whole game, but when it ended and the bleachers began clearing out I started walking toward the pressbox, craning my neck to see if I could spot him. Well, it happened. I spotted him and was jumping up and down like a 14 year old girl....mock whispering "Todd, Todd, look!! It's him! It's him! Mike Tomczak!! Oh my God! Oh my God!! Oh my God!!!" Of course my husband knew Mike and my history (or it might be better said, my history pretending that I was going to marry Mike Tomczak). Todd kept telling me to yell his name, but I refused. I may be a weirdo stalker but even I have my standards. Because I refused to yell....Todd did! He yelled "Mike!" and Mike looked and waved and we waved back! Woo Hoo! It was awesome! I was in retro-teenage-stalker heaven!!

I just have to say that only my husband would yell to get the attention of a guy I had a crush on when I was a teenager, so he would wave at me!! My husband is so awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home